Saturday, June 4, 2011

Review #21: The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen

Hello my literary comrades! Hope all is going swimmingly :) Anyway lets get to the review!

I couldn't wait to read this, especially since it was the basis for one of my favorite shows, Rizzoli and Isles. So I had some lofty expectations even though someone else wrote the series based off the books. I'll say I wasn't disappointed. 

The Surgeon, by Tess Gerritsen, is about Thomas Moore, and more importantly Jane Rizzoli (who is one half of the series title) attempting to catch a serial killer nicknamed The Surgeon (hint hint xD). It mostly focuses on Thomas Moore, one of Rizzoli's fellow cops, as he pursues the case with Rizzoli, and simultaneously falls in love with the lone survivor of The Surgeon, Catherine Cordell.

I loved this book. It was just brilliant. I loved every suspenseful minute. The criminal novel with chasing a serial killer isn't new, granted, but then again most stories today aren't original. But it's the spin you put on it that makes it interesting, and boy is this book interesting. I loved the hunt to find The Surgeon, and the love story that coincided with it. 


Concerning the characters, I loved Rizzoli. She was tough and badass and strong, with a temper you didn't want to cross. She wasn't one of those female cops who you felt could flip flop at any moment. She was so real it was like she stood over my head. She had a round personality, which I greatly appreciated. I also loved Catherine Cordell. She was a victim, and yet her journey was incredible to watch. As was Thomas Moore's. If he was real and I was older, I would love to have been his girlfriend. But sadly he's fictional, as are most of the men I find attractive xD. 

I loved Gerritsen's writing style. It was crisp and clean, though it did have too much medical terminology for my taste. But that was expected though. 


If you love crime books with some romance on the side, check this out. :)


Until next time comrades. :)


Viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment