Monday, June 4, 2012

Bad Book Round-Up

I'm going to do something a little unconventional. I'm going to take two books from the list out of order and make them into a BBR-U, because honestly neither book warrant separate reviews. So here we go

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver:
After the fantastic first book, this one was incredibly disappointing. While I had no problem following the new format of this book, I did not like Ms. Oliver's writing style in this one. I thought it was too well, formal or flat. I also did not like any of the new characters, they didn't feel real or likeable in any way.

Partials by  Dan Wells:

I wanted so much to like this book, so damn much. I mean it's an interesting as hell plot, which takes place on the island that I live, mostly in a town I've been to. But the writing was just so terrible, and the characters so flat and lifeless. It got harder to read with each passing page.

I'll next be reviewing Fever by Lauren DeStephano.

Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment