Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bad Book Round-Up

*Le sigh* Why does this always seem to happen? I so so so wanted to love these books so much. It's a shame none of them were very good for me to read. I tried, I really, truly did. *Sigh* So here we go:

Dark Eyes by William Richter:
This book has been touted as "The Millenium Trilogy for the YA audience with a heroine on par with Lisbeth Salander," to paraphrase. All I saw was a girl who got lucky and couldn't handle it. The writing style did not hold my attention, and the story was just not interesting enough to me. Sucks, because I loved the Millenium Trilogy and wanted this to be something like it.

Starters by Lissa Price:
I'm not including Portrait of a Starter because it was actually decent, albeit extremely short at less than 15 pages (on a side note, I'm kinda pissed that POAS cost me $1.99 for less than 15 pages. Seriously? X_X). Starters, unfortunately, was not as good. I couldn't get into the story, and none of the characters were really likeable or interesting. They all seemed lackluster and dull.

I'm adding the book that came after the book that will be getting a glowing review because it is easier to round them all up in this one post, so here it is:

Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris:
Another book I was very interested in reading. It started out ok, but as I kept reading, I could not keep going on because the writing just got worse and worse, with Janelle becoming more and more unlikeable. X_X

Luckily, the next post will be a glowing review of a book :) 

Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment