Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Review #79: Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay

Hello again my wonderful friends. This will not be a praising review, sadly. Here we go.

Juliet Immortal is by Stacey Jay. Once again, I give you the Goodreads description: 

The most tragic love story in history . . .
Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love.


This book just didn't do it for me. I got about a quarter in and quit. Which is a shame, because Romeo and Juliet is my favorite Shakespeare play. Taking the play and giving it a twist like this should have piqued my interest. Sadly that was not the case. the concept felt tired while reading this book.

Juliet was extremely whiny. I can understand why, but that is no excuse to act as she did. I did not like her whatsoever. Romeo was just horrible, even more than he was made out to be. Just horrendous.

Was this worth the hype? No, just no

Well that concludes this latest Currently Reading list. The next one will be up in a few minutes.

Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment