Sunday, October 30, 2011

Review #83: Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst

Guys, this will be a melancholy review. I'm sorry for the downer, but this book is headache-inducing. *Sigh* Lets get on with the show.

Drink, Slay, Love is by Sarah Beth Durst. Pearl is a vampire who is evil and relishes that fact. Then, one night, she gets stabbed in the heart by a unicorn. Her family thinks she's crazy, because unicorns don't exist right? (oh that statement is laced in irony ^^). Her family is then chosen by the king of their area to host a feast. It is discovered that Pearl can now withstand sunlight. Her family then decides to send her to human High School to collect friends. These friends would then end up as the main course in the feast. Funny thing though, Pearl starts developing a conscience. (this last bit is from the actual description) What's a sunlight-loving vamp to do?


I really do have a headache from this book, and I rarely ever get headaches. The writing was utterly wooden. For as long as I read, it was physically painful to keep going. Plus if you're dreading returning to a book, you know it's bad. 


Pearl's voice/personality was just bad. I know she's supposed to develop a conscience, but her beginning self was too bitchy to stay with. Jadrien felt like scenery, and Pearl's family too freaking condescending. *Sigh*


If you want to find out for yourself, go for it, I'm not gonna stop you just because I didn't like this book. Hey, you might end up liking Drink, Slay, Love. Who knows?


I'll next be reviewing My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking.


Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment