Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Review #54: Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly

Heylo, my fabulous comrades :). This will be a short review, because I just had to stop reading this book.

Angel Burn is the first in a series by L.A. Weatherly. Willow has powers, powers she can not explain. She lives with her Aunt Jo and her catatonic mother. Alex is an Angel Killer, sworn to protect humans against the Angels, whom drain humans' life force, then kill them. When he finds himself falling in love with one of his targets, things get complicated. 

I could not bring myself to continue reading this. It just got horrible. The blandness is so bad, I haven't seen blandness like this in a while. Maybe because I've read a string of great/fantastic books recently, that I've become wary of anything not remotely amazing. But that's not it. Again, this book is just bland, at least to me. I mean, it's kind of cool making Angels the bad guy, but none of the Angelic beings I saw in this book were interesting. Willow and Alex, the main duo/lovers, were in my opinion, so bland they were like beige wet dishrags. X_X Hell, Willow's catatonic mother had more personality than Willow.

I won't stop you from reading this. To each their own, hey you might like it. But for me, the buck stops here. 

I'll next be reviewing Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment