Friday, January 13, 2012

Review #125: Heroes Til Curfew by Susan Bischoff

My friends! Man, it truly feels like forever since we've had any contact! I apologize if it's been a bit longer than it should have, I just got over a f*ckin horrible bout of sickness yesterday, and during the time of said sickness I could barely read. Luckily there was a moment where I was able to finish this book, but took until now to review it. So, after that whole diatribe, let's get onto the review!

Heroes Til Curfew is the second book in the Talent Chronicles series by Susan Bischoff. Goodreads says: 

All Joss wants is to be left alone—with Dylan. But as more Talents are imprisoned by the government, everyone’s looking for a leader. Some look to Joss, some to Marco whose new criminal plan threatens Joss’s family and friends. Joss wants to stand up to Marco, but Dylan’s protective instincts are putting him in harm’s way. Can Joss find a way to embrace both the boy and her hero within?

For my review of the prequel and sequel, Impulse Control and Hush Money, click here.

This book was flipping excellent. I loved the tension and the action, as well as the romance. It honestly got a bit creepier, and the ending was just, sweet and awesome and all I could think at times was holy sh()t!!!! Everything was stepped up in this book. 

Joss had some great development. She opens up more to her friends and her boyfriend, even rebelling a bit against her Dad. She really grew as a character in this book, yet remained the kick-ass girl with great sarcasm. Dylan reminded me a lot of the typical "I Have to Protect my Girlfriend at All Costs" Boyfriend, even though he knew Joss could take care of herself, which is good. I'm glad he was still sweet and caring, yet a bit confused. Heather really took a front leading role in this book, and I love it. She is just pure awesomeness. She uses her mind reading to her advantage, to help her friends, etc. Plus she has awesome mental fights with Joss. She's also caring, kick-ass and smart. Marco, I swear, he just keeps getting more and more evil. He scares the living hell out of me. Same with some other characters..... *shivers* All of the other characters got great development as well, from Joss' Dad to Kat. 

Wow Ms. Bischoff, you outdid yourself! You built your world even more, added some great characters, and really shocked me! I hope that wasn't the end of the series, and that you have another book in the works.

That seems to be the end of the latest list. The new list will be up soon.

Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment