Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Review #129: Dream Dark and Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Guys!!!! It really feels like it's been ages and ages since we've last seen each other. I apologize for this latest lengthy absence, I started up school again, so the past week and a quarter have been hectic. I also got a new phone and admittedly I became extremely obsessed with it xD. But I digress. Thankfully everything is leveling out, so hopefully I'll be posting fairly regularly :) Anyway I've got some review for ya tonight :) Lets away!

Dream Dark is a short story segue-way between Beautiful Darkness and Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. It focuses on Link and his transformation, which took place in Beautiful Darkness.

I thought this was a great bridge story. I loved seeing Link's perspective, which was excellent. You get to see more of his relationship with his mom, and just in general get his thoughts on everything. 

Beautiful Chaos is the third book in the Caster Chronicles series. Goodreads says:

Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals is affected - and their abilities begin to dangerously misfire. As time passes, one question becomes clear: What - or who - will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?
For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He's being haunted in his dreams again, but this time it isn't by Lena - and whatever is haunting him is following him out of his dreams and into his everyday life. Even worse, Ethan is gradually losing pieces of himself - forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn't know why, and most days he's too afraid to ask.

Sometimes there isn't just one answer or one choice. Sometimes there's no going back. And this time there won't be a happy ending.

For my review of the second book, Beautiful Darkness, click here

Hot damn, this book has officially fully restored my faith in this series. I mean wow, this book was amazing with a capital A. I was so freaking addicted to turning the page, wanting to know what happened next. And the twists, my god they were literally gasp-inducing. I could not put this book down. I loved the storyline and the directions this book took. From Ethan's story to Ridley's story to Link, it was all fabulous.


Speaking of Ethan, oh man. I think my crush on him has increased tenfold. He is just so sweet, smart, loyal and determined. I was rooting for him all the way to that freaking ending. (By the way, holy f**k that ending broke my damn heart) His growth and development was perfect. I also loved Lena's growth. I kept rooting for her as well, and you can really see the struggle she is going through with herself and her family. I felt for her, and wanted her and Ethan to have a happy ending. And of course there's Link, who stepped up as a more prominent character in this novel. He was still his usual funny, awesome self, just a bit more sexy and had some excellent development. His relationship with Ridley (whose story/character arc I loved) was always fun to read, especially their banter.


Kami and Margaret did not disappoint with this book. I loved how they just kept building their world, while making me fall in love with this series again. I literally can not wait for the fourth book!


I'll next be reviewing Heat Rises by "Richard Castle"


Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment