Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bad Book Round-Up 3/13/12

*Sigh* I really, really, really did not want this to happen. I hoped against a wild hope that this post would not occur during this list. Unfortunately, those hopes were dashed. Without further ado, here are the books:

Pantheons by E.J. Dabel:
 This book looked so awesome when I first saw it. It just seemed like it had such a great take on the Greek Gods, with some fresh style and a great story. The opposite ended up happening. I mostly thought that the main character of Isaiah was a crappy protagonist. It felt like he had such a massive superiority complex, didn't involve himself in the story, and just had a bad voice to read. I couldn't get into him as a character at all. All of the characters were stereotypes, which bothered the hell out of me. Everything just went south X_X

Nobody's Princess by Esther M. Friesner:
 For a minute there I thought this book was going alright. But then I realized I didn't like Helen at all. She also had a superiority complex, although it was more subtle. I know why she was supposed to have one, but it still rubbed me the wrong way. Again, the characters were annoying stereotypes, the writing was leaning towards bad and it was all around not very enjoyable.

Helen of Troy by Tess Collins:
 Yet again, I did not like the main character. I thought she was a b*tch, who was completely unlikeable and had no redeeming qualities. I also didn't like her husband Rudy. Again, the writing was bad. It didn't flow and felt hokey. 

Well there ya have it folks, hopefully the rest of the list won't be like this xD

Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment