Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Review #163: My Boring Ass Life by Kevin Smith

My Boring-Ass Life is by Kevin Smith. Goodreads says:

Anything but boring, the creator of Jay and Silent Bob shares his x-rated thoughts in his diary, telling all in his usual candid, heartfelt and irreverent way!

Lewd, crude and hilariously rude, Kevin Smith pulls no punches in this hard-hitting, in-your-face exposé of, er, his rather dull and uneventful life… well, not always dull. In between watching his TiVo, he manages to make and release Clerks II, relate the story of his partner-in-crime Jason Mewes’ heroin addiction, get a tattoo, serve on a jury... and get caught stealing donuts from Burt Reynolds

Thrown in are his views on the perils of strip clubs, the drawback of threesomes, the pain of anal fissures, his love-affair with Star Wars and so much more!


To be honest, I did think while going into reading this book that I might not enjoy reading a few years' worth of inane blog posts. And granted, Kevin Smith does warn that the posts are very inane and boring, and you do get that in the very title of the book. But I wanted to read this anyway, and guess what? It was boring! I just knew around 40 pages in that I would not be able to make it through over 500 pages of these posts. Not to decredit Kevin Smith, because he did make the inane semi-interesting. I just knew in my heart and mind that his genius sense of humor was not enough. I mean these posts were really inane, to the point where I almost fell asleep. Luckily, this is not the only book he's written, and I can't wait to read Tough Shit, because that seems to be a lot better than this was. Who knows, I might even return to this someday.

I'll next be reviewing Nerd Do Well by Simon Pegg.

Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment