Monday, July 25, 2011

Review #45: Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Hello again my lovely amazing literary comrades! This review won't be nice, so if you wish not to read it, go read the other review I just posted, about The Red Pyramid, which sings that book's praises. If you wish to continue, lets go!

Confessions of a Shopaholic is the first in the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. It stars Rebecca Bloomwood, a young woman who is, as the title implies, a shopaholic. She lives in a flat in England with close friends, and has a job at a magazine called Successful Saving (dripping with irony huh?). As she tries to curb her spending, she attracts the attention of wealthy and handsome Luke Brandon.

Ugh, I detest this book. I couldn't get through even the first 22 pages. I just despise the prose and the characters were so one dimensional, you could push them over with one finger like cardboard. The characters, as I said, were bland, the prose was horrible, the whole thing reeked of bad. Honestly, that's all I really have to say on this book. Sorry Sophie, better luck next time.

I'll next be reviewing 7th Victim by Alan Jacobson. 

Until next time comrades.

Viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment