Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bad Book Round-Up #7

Well, lets get on with it then, no sense in dwelling upon how much I hate making these posts.

Shifting by Bethany Wiggins
   This one was so damn disappointing. A friend of mine knows the author, and suggested this book to a few of our other friends, and they all loved it. Therefore I was so excited to read this one. Sadly, the writing was wooden and I could not, for any reason, connect with the protagonist. Nothing felt right.


Unnatural by Michael Griffo
   I tried so hard to like this book. The synopsis captivated me, and I love it when LGBT literature gets recognition, it should be out there more. But my issues with this book were basic. I could practically feel Mr. Griffo's writing get worse as I read on. It got to the point where I quit halfway into the book. Also another issue: the author's portrayal of the love interests. Griffo made Ronan into an Edward Cullen type, and Michael into a Bella Swan type. That's fine in small doses, a bit more subtly done, but this was just not well written. Shame too. I liked the beginning, but like I said, the book just got progressively worse. 


Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
    You know, I had read reviews by bloggers I trust, about how this was a blatant Twilight rip-off. I saw how many people disliked it. But I ignored them all, and tried to give this book a benefit of the doubt. *Sigh* I should have trusted the bloggers/reviewers. This is definitely, without a doubt, the biggest Twilight rip-off I've ever seen. You could put the two books side by side and recognize that. That's just wrong, to so blatantly rip off another author's work. I don't know if that was what Ms. Fallon intended, but that's the result. Also I hated how much the protagonists name came up. Honestly, once every couple of paragraphs or less is enough. Shows me I should trust reviewers more than I have.


Well, that's it for this installment, my next review will be on First Frost and Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep.


Until next time, viva la literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment