Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Review #103: An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

An Abundance of Katherines is by John Green.

Colin Singleton is a washed up child prodigy who also just got dumped by his girlfriend, Katherine 19. Let me explain, Colin has only dated girls named Katherine, 19 to be exact, and every one of them has dumped him. Colin wants to turn his prodigy into genius, mattering to the world. When his overweight, Judge Judy obsessed best friend Hassan decides they need to go on a road trip, the two end up in in a small southern town called Gutshot. Colin meets Lindsey Lee Wells, who has a boyfriend ironically named Colin. During this one summer, Colin experiences things he never did before, learns some ugly truth, and maybe falls in love. 

Honestly, after reading this book the second time around, I don't know why I loved it so much in the first place. I mean, it's decent, but it just did not do it for me. 

Colin felt whiny this time around. I could not find anything to like about him. I do like the journey he goes on, just not him as a person. Lindsey was pretty cool still, going through a journey of her own, plus she was funny. Hassan, yet another interesting journey, also had some funny lines. Yeah, that's about it (I know, this review is odd, I guess I'm just dejected ): ). 

I still love John Green's other works, just not this one anymore :(.

I'll next be reviewing Lemonade Mouth by Mark Peter Hughes.

Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment