Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Review #99 Trial by Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Trial by Fire is the second book in the Raised by Wolves series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. Bryn is settling in as the Alpha of her pack, dealing with the responsibilities that role comes with, dealing with being the human Alpha of a werewolf pack, also dealing with school and family. One day, a werewolf from another pack comes at Bryn's door, bloody and almost beaten to death. He claims Bryns protection is the one thing that could save his life. This sets off a chain of events that leads Bryn to question her role as Alpha, her pack's safety, everything.

For my review of Raised by Wolves, click here

This was such an excellent sequel! I loved every minute of it, finishing it in a single day. The action was still good, the characters got some great development, new characters were added, such a good time this book was. I loved reading Bryn's journey throughout the book. And damn, that ending rocked socks.

Speaking of Bryn, she is still an awesome character. I still would want to hang out with her if she existed in real life. She had some real growth in this book, making some tough decisions that matured her. I loved how she dealt with what was going on. Chase didn't get too much development, but I still love him, and the relationship he had with Bryn was still wonderful to read. Devon came back, fabulous as ever. I liked how Barnes gave him a B arc in this book, giving him more depth and growth that made me love him even more than I did. Oh how I love that theater loving rascal :). Lake also got some development, while retaining that snarky attitude that made her who she was. Also, Ali got some unexpected growth, which was a pleasant surprise to me. Her role in the end definitely shocked me in a "WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?" way. I mean, I never saw it coming. The villains of this book, damn. They scared the crow out of me. I mean it, especially the lead villain, plain horrifying. 

Barnes really upped her game in this book. She expanded on her world, still has a great writing style, and is just plain good, Still a fan and will always be.

Well, that's the end of the most current Currently Reading list folks, stay tuned for my next post!

Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment