Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review #11: Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot

Hello again my literary comrades! Two reviews in one sitting! Well it's been a while and I read two books without getting my hands on a computer, hope y'all don't mind. Anyway lets get started!

Size 12 is Not Fat is by Meg Cabot. It is about Heather Wells, an ex popstar who is now the size of the average female, and now works as an assistant Residence Hall director. One day, a body is discovered in an elevator shaft. Heather becomes suspicious, and starts conducting her own investigation, which leads to inevitable trouble. 

Meg Cabot is a master storyteller. She knows how to craft a brilliant story, as seen with The Princess Diaries, the Mediator series, etc. I loved the story, especially with it's interesting heroine. You definitely don't know what is going to happen, being that it is a mystery novel, but still, I loved the unpredictability. You never know what will happen. I loved the humor and lightheartedness infused throughout the book, and laughed many times :). 

Heather has become one of my literary heroes. She is an average everywoman, who happens to be a semi-portly ex popstar. Her story is interesting, and you want to know what happens to her, you care about her. I love the little quips she makes, and she is just a funny character. I feel like we would be friends in real life, despite the age difference. Cooper was also one of my favorites, very swoon worthy, but also cared deeply about Heather. 

I loved Ms. Cabot's writing style in this book. Putting little snippets from one of Heather's songs, that simultaneously fit the tone of the chapter was fantastic. Plus the banter, wit and humor, and also drama meshed well together. There is nothing wrong at all with this book.

I recommend this for mystery lovers, and fans of Meg Cabot. 

Until next time comrades

Viva la literature!  

No comments:

Post a Comment