It is that time again, when the latest CR list ends and a new one begins.
I know that there was a book after Sister Mischief, The CoolKids, but I will not be reviewing it. I honestly could not get past the first page, as well as flicking through just to make sure if I was wrong or not. And I wasn't. The prose was stiff, the author tried too hard, making it look like he had a dictionary right next to him, etc. It just was not good. So I won't be reviewing it, and now you know why. Anyway, lets get to the new list!
This list's theme is indie authors. I wanted to feature authors who fly under the radar, most of them (possibly all on this list) are self published, and you have to give them props for getting out there. It's also a way of honoring Amanda Hocking, who is the poster child for successful self-published author (and on this list), although she now has a contract with St. Martins Press (yay for her! (: ). Without further ado, here are the books!
1. Demon High - Lori Devoti
2. Impulse Control (Talent Chronicles 0.5) and Hush Money (Talent Chronicles #1) - Susan Bischoff (Again, novella and novel being combined)
3. Beautiful Demons (Peachville High Demons #1) - Sarra Cannon
4. A Dozen Deadly Roses - Kathy Bennett
5. Gamers - Thomas K. Carpenter
6. Demon Girl (Rae Wilder Series #1) - Penelope Fletcher
7. Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy #1) - Mira Grant
8. Hollowland (The Hollows Series #1) - Amanda Hocking
So there you have it! I have a feeling this will be a great series of books, and will hopefully spotlight some potentially great indie authors :)
Until next time, viva la literature!