Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Review #59: Hunger by Michael Grant

Hey everyone! This review will be a bit somber, as I feel deeply sad that I couldn't finish it. 

For my review of Gone, click here

Hunger is the second novel in the Gone series by Michael Grant. Sam and the gang are running the town, but food had run out, and people are becoming murderous. Caine and Drake are still problems, but the Darkness is rising, and everyone will have to work together to stop it. 

I wanted to like this book. I really truly did. The first book was pure genius, a literary masterpiece. But after 3 chapters, I got bored. I hate that I can't get into this book, because I'm now a huge fan of Michael Grant. But plot felt meh, and I just could not keep up interest.

I know I will one day revisit this book, and hopefully gain as much devotion as I have to Gone. I hope that time is soon. But for now, I put this book down with great melancholy. 

I will next review The Secret Prince. 

Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment