Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Review #63: FM for Murder by Patricia Rockwell

Hey everyone! Have another review for y'all tonight. It'll be brief, because I couldn't finish the book xD.

FM for Murder is the second in the Pamela Barnes Acoustic Murders series by Patricia Rockwell. A popular radio DJ was murdered on air, while many were listening. Pamela is asked to listen to a recording of the show in order to figure out who the culprit is. Meanwhile Pamela deals with her disapproving yet loving husband, her daughter, colleagues, etc. 


For my review of the first book, Sounds of Murder, click here 

I just, I couldn't bring myself to continue this novel, I can't finish something I am not enjoying. The story was very boring, and the every other chapter flashbacks became extremely annoying. I could predict a plot twist from the beginning, which I despise doing. 

Pamela was flat, while sort of likeable. Her husband, Rocky, became repetitive and as bland as a beige towel. The only character I was really invested in was Angela, Pam's daughter. 

I just can't believe that the first book was so good, and this one just isn't. I hope Ms. Rockwell starts another series, and that it is consistently good. Hopefully.

And that ends my last Currently Reading list. I'll be posting my new one very soon. Check it out to see the next book I'll be reviewing!


Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment