Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bad Book Round-Up #4

*Sigh* These posts are never easy to write. It's such a damn shame, really. Well, it's time for another BBRU y'all. Here we go.



Daughters of Dracula by Kailin Gow: I so wanted to like this. The concept was very enticing to me. It was shaping up to be a great book, but then it failed miserably. The writing was just stiff. It stunk right from the beginning. Plus the sisters felt like stereotypes, the bookworm and the vivacious out going one. I have another one of her novels, Desire, and man I hope it is good.

Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz: Preface: I apologize if this one sounds bitter. 
You know what's funny? I had a gut feeling I wouldn't like this book. I'd been burned by it before. When I first got my Nook, I decided to get a free sample of this novel. I read it, and hated it. Then, about a month and a half ago, I saw that it was now $2.99 as a NookBOOK. I thought, what the hell? So I bought it. Should have known nothing would change. The writing was still wooden, and the characters cheesy one-dimensionals. Plus it is hard for me to get into 3rd person POV, very few authors have made me enjoy it. Ms. de la Cruz is not one of those authors. Oh well, just makes me a bit more cautious.

So that's this edition, hopefully the next book on the list will be good.

I'll next be reviewing Mozart's Blood by Louise Marley.

Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment