Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Review #87: Descended by Blood

Hello once again my lovely friends! Hope all is still well. Have another review for y'all, so away we go! :)

Descended by Blood is the first book in the A Vampire Born series by Angeline Kace. Brooke Heller has moved around with her mom for as long as I can remember. This is the first time they have stayed in one place for more than a year. With a great best friend and a crush turning into something more, Brooke has it all. Until one day a mysterious man tries to kill her. From there, Brooke's life will never be the same. 

At first, I'm not gonna lie, I almost quit this one. But, thankfully I persevered because it ended up being a great book. Although, I did still have this odd feeling of meh-ness while reading. I do hope that goes away when I read the next one. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Like Savor, it has a sort of unique spin on vampirism, using Croatian words which I won't even try to type xD. I liked the ending the best, it was filled with epicausity, making me want to read more. 

Brooke was pretty cool. I did dislike the fact that she brooded, a LOT. Almost to the point where she would be akin to Edward Cullen. I did love her best friend Kaitlynn. She was funny and supportive. Her friendship with Brooke was beautiful, reminding me of me and my best friend. They're like sisters, and it's hard for them to be apart. Then of course there are the two boys who form the love triangle, Jaren and Mirko. Jaren is the boy who Brooke crushed on during the solely human portion of her life. I loved reading their love story. Once the vampire part of the story started, lets just say it went south. I don't want to go into detail, but at certain points I really despised Jaren. Then the third point in the triangle is Mirko. He was so touch and go, cocky and yet sweet. The verdict is still undecided when it comes to him. The other characters had some great development themselves, not truly staying on the sidelines. 

I did like the world Ms. Kace built. It was cool, with all the different aspects to her vampirism. I hope she improves with the second book.

The next post, sadly, will be a BBRU, so stay tuned y'all.

Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment