Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Review #86: Savor by Megan Duncan

Guys! It feels like it's been ages since we've seen each other! Well, since I've last posted anyway xD. Well, let's cut to the chase and get to the review! 

Savor is the first in the Warm Delicacy series by Megan Duncan. In Claire Miller's world, vampires are not hidden from society. In fact, they are royalty, ruling various regions along with government. The one thing asked of the humans is they donate blood a couple of times a month. The day of her 18th birthday, Claire goes to get her donor I.D. The next day, she is told by a vampire representative she has pure blood, and is offered to be a vampire princess, the daughter of the King and Queen. Once arriving at the castle, Claire learns being a vampy royal ain't all it's cracked up to be, with it's secrets and hidden pasts. Will she survive it all and rise to the occasion? Or will it be too much?

I really really liked this novel. So much so that I finished it in basically two days.Yup, it's that good. I loved the pacing, but of course most of all I loved the story. The vampires being royalty and the humans knowing fascinated me. The whole world of this novel is just fascinating. From page one you're invested. In the characters, in the story, everything. I was utterly addicted to Claire's journey from who she started as to who she became. And that ending! Damn, that was a good twist. I mean holy sh******t! You do NOT want to miss this.

Claire was quite the protagonist. Like I said, I loved reading her journey, maturing and growing while retaining who she truly was. She has a snarky, fun side, while also standing up for what is right. I liked her as a person. Robin, her best friend in the castle, was very awesome. I feel like if she were real, we'd geek out on history together. (History nerds unite!) :) Then of course Dmitry. *Sigh* Such sexiness. I mean, it feels like you just can't resist him. Man oh man, these crushes on fictional characters need to tone down, lol. I wanted to kick Ana's ass so fricking bad. She was just such a b*tch. X_X 

Ms. Duncan knows how to write, that's for sure. I liked the world she created, and how fleshed out she made it. In essence, she made me crave for more (no pun intended xD) Her characters were realistic, it was all amazing.

I'll next be reviewing Descended by Blood by Angeline Kace. 

Until next time, viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment