Sunday, June 19, 2011

The James Patterson Reviewing Saga Pt II: Review #29: Sundays at Tiffanys by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet

Hello my comrades! Happy Fathers Day to all! Hope it was amazing. Mine was pretty good. Father dearest seemed happy enough, which is all I can ask for lol. But anyway this is PT. II of TJPRS. Lets get on with the gushfest!


Sundays at Tiffanys is about a woman named Jane Margeaux. She is a sweet funny and intelligent woman who gets shat on by almost everyone around her, since she was a little girl. Her mother treats her like a child on top of being her boss, her boyfriend is a total self centered asshat, and she is never appreciated or given any kindness. She also struggles with weight, like most of the female population. Every day since she was 9, she has thought about her old imaginary friend Michael, the only person she thinks truly loved her. Then one day, she meets him again (shocker!) and they fall in love (seriously that is NOT a spoiler. It's in the plot description). But neither one knows why they have been reunited. The book alternates between Jane and Michael's POV, so it's nice to get both sides of the story.

I am in love with this book. Seriously I am in love. It has been a favorite of mine every since it came out years ago. It's so original call it, well original. I have never seen a book like it, which is good. I love the idea of a woman falling in love with her childhood imaginary friend. It is so sweet, it's practically candy. But again that is good.Every bit about the story is amazing. I can not stop gushing about it, even after all these years (which I know is only approximately 3 years, but still). The story flows really well, which is lovely, and doesn't have any kinks in it. It is truly perfect.

I love the character of Jane. I think she is a perfect heroine for this story. She is basically an everywoman. She struggles with her weight (what woman hasn't? Myself included), she gets almost no recognition, and she works for her almost verbally abusive mother and has a d-bag for a boyfriend. She has had relative success with the single play she has written. Point being I love how relatable she is. I feel for her, I want to verbally abuse everyone that has hurt her and smack them. I wish she was my sister or something. I love watching her fall in love with Michael, and laugh as she questions her sanity, as Michael was her imaginary friend when she was a little girl. But she goes through it well, which I love. Now about Michael. Oh Michael. Is it bad that I fall in love with almost every literary male I talk about here? I know I've said that a few times but it's true. What is it about literary men that make them so incredibly hot? Michael is amazing. He's sexy, sweet, and is just the perfect man. I love reading his chapters so I could see how he felt about everything that was going on. His journey was as incredible as Jane's. The side characters were good as well. I love it when a character, main or otherwise, makes you feel something. I wanted to yell at Vivienne, and smack Hugh and Owen. Seriously. You know a book is good when all of the characters impact you in some way.

I love how this book is written. Again, it alternates between Michael and Jane's POV, and I love that. You don't just get one side to the whole thing, and you get inside both character's heads. I love the language. It can be eloquent and lovely, and just fun. But then again James Patterson is a master of prose, at least in my opinion. :)

There is a TV movie, but if you are a fan of this book, you'll be a little disappointed in it. If not, you'll enjoy it well.

If you love sweet romances read this. If you're looking for a fun read, pick this up.

My next review and the final part of TJPRS will be 1st to Die. 

Until next time comrades.

Viva la literature! 

No comments:

Post a Comment