Thursday, June 23, 2011

The James Patterson Reviewing Saga Pt III: Review #30: 1st to Die

Hello my awesome comrades! Happy Friday! Hope your weekends will go well. Lets get to the review :)

1st to Die is the first in the Women's Murder Club series. It goes to different points of view but mostly centers on Inspector Linday Boxer, who is starting on a series of murders nicknamed The Bride and Groom Killings. Early into the investigation she brings 3 friends in, who are all in work related to crime, to start solving crimes on their own. 

I have loved this book ever since I read it ages ago. It just has a magic to it you can't explain. You just want to keep reading and never stop, you're so intrigued and sucked into the character's lives. I love the way Patterson set up the crimes, and how he made the plot move, all of the twists and turns included. 

Linday Boxer is one of my favorite literary heroines ever. She is a badass Inspector for the SFPD and yet can be very vulnerable and reliant on your friends. You get sucked in immediately and root for her the whole time. Cindy was also one of my favorites, she is hilarious, but you love reading about how determined she is. Claire is that mother figure everyone wants. She's caring, sweet, but also a badass ME. Chris Raliegh had me swooning like nothing else. So sexy, but he was also a well written and fleshed out character. 


I always love how easily Patterson slips into character when he is writing. Be it a woman, man, child, etc he can create such a believable character and his writing style is just fantastic. (Can you tell I'm a Patterson fangirl? XD)


If you love mystery/crime novels with kickass characters and a good plot, read this.

My next review will be on Red Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells. Can't wait for it :)

And that concludes TJPRS. Hope y'all enjoyed it ^^.


Until next time comrades.


Viva la literature!

No comments:

Post a Comment